Volunteer at Imaging USA
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Imaging USA! We are so excited to have you and appreciate your time and efforts that will go into making 2025 the best Imaging yet! Applications will be accepted from April 1 - August 31.
It is practically impossible to pull off the Imaging USA magic without a strong team of enthusiastic and dedicated members who volunteer every year. If you are a member who would love to help other photographers get the most out of their Imaging USA experience, you can volunteer too!
You can choose to volunteer for either:
- February 1 – 4, 2025 (Imaging USA Conference & Expo, plus our busy Saturday pre-conference day)
- January 30 – February 4, 2025 (Imaging USA Conference & Expo, plus three days of pre-convention classes)
Student Volunteers: Start Here
Check ImagingUSA.com for the latest details on sessions, speaker, travel, and more. Further information will be emailed when available.
Email will be our PRIMARY form of communication with volunteers. Please add [email protected] to your email contact list and make sure this address is not blocked by your email spam filter. Applicants and volunteers are asked to respond to ALL communication as soon as possible, even if it is "Received." It is imperative that we hear back from you in order to adhere to deadlines for our committee and operations. Your prompt response helps us to meet our deadlines.
- Attend the mandatory orientation session (held via Zoom prior to the show)
- Attend the onsite orientation saturday evening (dinner provided)
- Assist with pre-convention programming or greeting for early volunteers. (Thursday-Saturday) - OR -
- Assist with a minimum of 6 convention programs, events or greeting slots (Saturday -Tuesday)
- Attend the daily briefing to stay up to date on any changes in programming. The daily briefing is held on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at 12:00 PM and includes a luncheon each day.
- HAVE FRIENDLY, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WITH A SMILING FACE AT ALL TIMES.
- Support the Convention Committee, PPA staff, and instructors as needed.
- Check badges of attendees at classroom doors.
- You may be asked to pass out any hand-out materials as requested by the instructor or PPA.
- Greet and assist attendees at the convention and convention hotels.
- Two long sleeve red oxford shirts will be provided to each volunteer. These must be returned on the last day of Imaging USA.
- Black slacks or black jeans are great, however please no yoga pants, blue jeans, or shorts.
- If you choose to layer, black may be worn under your red shirt.
- Close-toed, comfortable walking shoes.
Aside from having the opportunity to see the finest Instructors in the world in action and building friendships with the other photographers on the Convention Committee team, you will receive:
- Complimentary registration for Imaging USA
- Service Merits
- Two PPA service merits for volunteer during the main convention (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday)
- One PPA service merit per day or a maximum of two merits for pre-convention volunteering. (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday)
- Maximum of five merits per year, per person